The seeds I planted late winter had a really good sprouting rate, therefore, I have 30+ seedlings to be made into seedling cuttings. I proceeded to make the seedling in batches. The first batch was done three weeks ago, last week was the second batch, and today, I did the final batch. I did it in batches because some seed sprouted faster than others. I begin making them into cuttings soon after the second set of leaves came out, and the stem take on a reddish tone. The pots used to plan these cutting seedlings were all obtained free of charge from my local Lowes. It’s wonderful that they have a pot recycle program where other gardeners dump their pots. I had to cut down some of the pots such that they’re not too tall. Below are my second batch of black pines. As you can see, many of the pots have been reduced to 50% of its original height.
Sometimes I get lucky and find pots which are of the right height. As you can see, I found some nice square pots which I used to plant the last batch of seedling cuttings today.
All of these seedling cuttings will go under a colander such that they get filtered light, and won’t be burnt under the scorching sun.